Family claims to see image of Jesus in moldy shower
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A family in Splendora claims they have a holy vision inside their home, an image of Jesus created by mold in a bathroom. They say the image is giving them strength.
We've all seen the stories: a Virgin Mary sighting in a grilled cheese sandwich, in the side of a tree, or Jesus' face on a tortilla. We guess you've never seen one like this -- inside a shower.
"People say your house is blessed," said Chyanna Richards. "I see the head, the hair, a cloak."
Richards doesn't know if it's mold or mildew or what, but she knows in her heart what she sees: a likeness of Jesus, it's presence not without meaning.
"Maybe it means something. Maybe look into yourself and see if you need to change something in your life," she said.
Neighbors have heard about it, but hadn't seen it until we showed them a picture.
"Jesus. But it kinda looks like me!" said neighbor Michael Bearden.
Still Bearden believes, even if you don't.
"One of God's mysteries," he said.
The mold started a couple of months ago while Thomas George, who also lives in the house, was in prison.
"He's just watching over us to make sure nothing wrong happens or I get in trouble and go back," George said.
No matter what you see in this, folks here choose to see it as a sign that better days lie ahead.
"It gives me inspiration just to do better," George said.
If they just believe.
One woman who lives in the home here has HIV. Her family says she has been doing better since they discovered that moldy likeness of Jesus in their shower just a few months ago.
We want to know what you think of the image. Join the conversation on our Facebook page by leaving your comments and sharing the post with your friends.
splendora, local, kevin quinn
- HPD: 2 nursing home residents dead after altercation 36 min ago
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Three charged over duct-taped kids at Buc-ees 3 min ago
- Oh my! NYPD's request for cop photos goes awry
- 'Felony Lane Gang' targeting women's purses 9 min ago
- Man found shot, tied up in SE Houston
- YouTube turns 9 today!
- Family, dog escape north Houston house fire
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes
- Putting gadget germ cleaners to the test
- Gold bars removed from man's stomach
- Company creates 'anti-thigh gap' jeans