Customers line up for grand opening of H&M at Baybrook Mall
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Big crowds are at Baybrook Mall today for the opening of a clothing store that many are raving about. Fans of H&M say it offers the latest fashions at bargain prices
More than 100 people waited outside the store for the bargains that are expected to go very quickly.
H&M is pulling out all the stops for its grand opening. The store has most of its clothing and accessories marked down right now, even from its notoriously low prices.
The fifty-percent off deals are making it bearable for people to wait in line. Plus, the first 500 shoppers get a scratch-off card that's good for between $10 and $500 in spending.
Some of the shoppers even spent the night at Baybrook, patiently waiting for the noon opening. Fashionistas on a budget say that's not crazy.
"That's my summer shopping right there, so that's everything I need for the summer," added Sophia Marquez, who arrived at 5pm yesterday. "I'd be so happy."
"It's a blast for us because we got to hang out as a group together and also because H&M has such good quality clothes for an affordable price," added shopper Bensy Benny, who also arrived last night.
The fifty-percent off sale only goes on through the weekend, but H&M expects their inventory to sell out in about 24 hours.
This story isn't just about shopping for bargains. It's also about job creation. H&M has hired 21 people part-time, but are looking to hire at least 10 more people full-time.
- Teen, 13, charged with capital murder 17 min ago
- HISD teachers accuse principal of bullying
- Ex-cons behind the wheel in cabs
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Video: Vatican city prepares for canonization
- Video: Hero helps Skeeters open the season
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Family's pet donkey shot 18 times, killed
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller
- Convict who escaped TX prison returns from Mexico
- Child dies in rollover wreck along Gulf Freeway