Truck driver killed at Port of Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A truck driver was killed while on the job at the Port of Houston.
The owner of Richardson Steel says at around 8:30am Monday, a 40-foot long steel pipe that was being loaded from a ship onto a flatbed truck slipped and hit the man, killing him at the scene. His identity has not been released pending notification of family members.
OSHA is at the scene investigating the death.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest.
port of houston, local
- Parts of Astrodome to be demolished
- Smoke prompts IAH Terminal B evacuations
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband charged
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's powerful uncle 59 min ago
- Wrecker driver shot in NE Houston
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic 5 min ago
- Salvation Army ringer sets 105-hour record
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- North Texans dealing with ice storm aftermath
- Susan Boyle diagnosed with Asperger's
- Officials find 11 dead whales in Florida Keys
- Local post offices open Sundays for holiday rush
- No more ice, but cold weather continues