Truck driver killed at Port of Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A truck driver was killed while on the job at the Port of Houston.
The owner of Richardson Steel says at around 8:30am Monday, a 40-foot long steel pipe that was being loaded from a ship onto a flatbed truck slipped and hit the man, killing him at the scene. His identity has not been released pending notification of family members.
OSHA is at the scene investigating the death.
Stay with Eyewitness News and abc13.com for the latest.
port of houston, local
- Two women found dead in Galveston County
- Mother of newborn found in dumpster charged
- What's being done to keep carnival-goers safe?
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home
- Malaysia Airlines says plane missing 56 min ago
- Mom who drove minivan into ocean charged
- Teen in NW Harris Co. fight arrested after burglary
- Man chasing $20 gets stuck in sewer for two days
- Ft. Bend Co. girls softball league treasurer charged
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Photos: Kardashians' fake home for sale
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Prankster's good deed prank leads to tears of joy