Possible cross-dressing suspect robs west Houston bank
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Detectives are searching for a possible cross-dressing bank robber who targeted a bank in west Houston Tuesday evening.
The suspect walked into a bank in the 9700 block of Katy Freeway around 4:45pm and handed a teller a threatening note which demanded cash, according to the Houston FBI Bank Robbery Task Force. The suspect then made a gesture suggesting he/she was armed.
The robber took the cash and exited the bank. The suspect was wearing a blonde wig, a long-sleeved beige dress, black stockings and a black cap. The suspect is between 5-foot-5 and 5-foot-8 inches tall and weighs between 120 and 150 pounds. The robber carried a large black purse into the bank during the robbery.
Crime Stoppers is offering up to $5,000.00 for information leading to the charging and arrest of this robber. If you have information about this case, please call the Crime Stoppers tip line at 713-222-TIPS (8477), or the Houston office of the FBI at 713-693-5000.
- Suspect in wreck that killed sergeant goes to court
- Dreamliner returns to skies with flight from Houston
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab theft
- Tornado-hit states brace for more bad storms
- HPD: Suspect arrested, others sought in Alief murders 7 min ago
- Man sought in dollar store robbery
- Jodi Arias' attorneys ask to withdraw from case
- Houston Super Bowl committee makes pitch in Boston
- Justin Bieber gets booed at Billboard Music Awards
- Grandmother killed, teen injured in head-on accident 1 min ago
- Photos: Billboard Music Awards from Las Vegas
- otrc: 'Anchorman 2' teaser trailer released 13 min ago
- abcnews: Victoria's Secret rejects 'survivor' bra 19 min ago
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos