Mistaken ID may have led to assault on elderly
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An apparent case of mistaken identity involving a sex offender may have led to an assault on an older woman.
Brandon McGee, 20, is charged with injury to an elderly individual from an incident that took place on May 20, when he and another man reportedly showed up at a Channelview woman's home.
The woman was awakened by loud banging on her front door. According to court documents, she says McGee and the other man were demanding to talk to her son, who is a registered sex offender, but they called him by a different name.
The woman told authorities the men accused her son of molesting one of their male relatives, and that they had located him as a listed pedophile on the internet. She told the men they had their facts wrong and needed to leave. The woman's son was reportedly listed as a sex offender for an incident more than 20 years ago involving his underage girlfriend at the time.
McGee allegedly threw an ash tray, threatened to shoot the woman and then punched her. Court documents state he denied the allegations. Bail has been set at $10,000 in the case.
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep 56 min ago
- Boy, 5, drowns in Fort Bend County pool 23 min ago
- Another record could fall before Powerball drawing
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area 41 min ago
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris County 23 min ago
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank 12 min ago
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 50 min ago
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos