Two trains collide, derail in northeast Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Two trains have collided and partially derailed in northeast Houston.
This happened just around 5:15am at the rail yard along Liberty and Wayside. About five cars and two engines went off the tracks including a couple of cars that hit the concrete pillars that hold up the Wayside overpass.
Authorities tell us they have closed Liberty to deal with the clean-up. That roadway will be shut down all day. All rail traffic is also shut down. There is no word on when trains will resume running.
Union Pacific officials tell us the trains were not carrying any hazardous chemicals and no one was hurt during the derailment.
A small amount of fuel did leak off one of the locomotives but it isn't expected to cause any problems.
We're following this developing story and will have more for you on Eyewitness News and abc13.com.
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase 24 min ago
- Sketch of rapist suspect released 52 min ago
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident 28 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapse caused by oversize load
- Tax break weekend in Texas for Energy Star items 22 min ago
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted, 2 men arrested
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- 13 Things to Know for Friday
- Tomball man accused of setting mom's car on fire
- Amanda Bynes arrested over bong
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos