Houston man accused of fatally shooting bartender
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston man is facing charges, accused of fatally shooting a man outside a west Harris County night club last month.
Maurice Castillo, 22, is charged with murder. He's accused of fatally shooting a bartender of the El Coyote night club in the 4200 block of North Highway 6 back on May 25.
According to court documents, a club patron told the security guard that a man, identified as Castillo, was in the men's restroom selling drugs. The guard went in and, along with the bartender, escorted him out outside.
The security guard went back into the club, but the bartender stayed outside with Castillo. A few minutes later, police say the bartender came back into the club and told the security guard that Castillo and another man tried to jump him.
The security guard and bartender went back outside and saw Castillo and the other man across the street. The two groups exchanged words and that's when, according to police, Castillo yelled for his friend to pop the truck. Court documents state Castillo then allegedly grabbed a gun from inside and started firing at the bartender and the guard. The bartender was hit in the chest.
The bartender was transported to Methodist West Hospital, where he later died.
The guard picked Castillo out of a photo array, according to police.
No bond has been set in the case.
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston 38 min ago
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured 35 min ago
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Local Marine killed in duty honored for bravery
- Tornadoes strike Kansas, Oklahoma 20 min ago
- Driver killed when SUV goes airborne
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- Volunteer firefighters save man from burning home
- Man found fatally shot at Motel 6 in east Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos