Police: Motorcycle lesson in parking garage leads to fatal fall
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police say a man learning to ride a motorcycle died after hitting a wall and falling from the fifth floor of a parking garage.
Police on Monday said the death of the 27-year-old Houston man was being investigated as an accident. His name was not immediately released.
Police say the victim was with a friend on Friday night and getting a motorcycle lesson in the parking garage at 2929 Allen Parkway. Police say the friend was walking beside the moving cycle and told his buddy, who was driving, to apply the brakes.
Police say the victim accidentally hit the accelerator, the motorcycle struck the wall of the garage and the rider was thrown over a wall barrier. He fell to the ground and was dead at the scene.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Niko Niko's World Gyro Eating Championship held today 26 min ago
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla
- Expect hot, humid conditions next couple of days
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos