Man in wheelchair accused of stealing violin case from elderly man
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A wheelchair-bound man is accused of stealing an elderly man's violin case and assaulting him with his own cane.
George Pulido San Miguel is charged with injury to elderly. An 88-year-old man told police that he was playing his violin with the case open next to him in the median of Woodridge on June 1 when San Miguel approached him in his wheelchair and took his violin case. The victim says San Miguel wheeled across the street, told him to come get the case, then rolled behind a gas station.
Court documents state the victim went behind the gas station to retrieve the case when San Miguel took his can from him and began striking his head and body, causing him to fall. The victim was taken to the hospital.
The victim told police that he recognized San Miguel from prior encounters at the same intersection.
A little more than a week after the incident, the victim and his grandson saw San Miguel at the same intersection, pulled over and called police. San Miguel, 53, was taken into custody.
Bond has been set at $5,000.
- Traffic headache remains near La Porte
- Plans for Astrodome's fate to be discussed
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90 53 min ago
- Authorities raid alleged stash house in SE Houston
- 8 hurt, some seriously, when car jumps curb in NYC
- Social services worker stole from clients in SE Texas
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Mentally disabled mother, child held captive in Ohio
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos