Another delay in massive League City oak tree relocation
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- There's yet another chapter in the tree moving saga out of League city. The relocation of Compton Oak has been delayed once again.
The 400-ton tree was scheduled to be moved Monday, but after tests this weekend, contractors determined they needed additional equipment.
City officials decided to move the century-old tree to make way for a road widening project. Crews hope to have the additional equipment by Tuesday evening, but no new move date has been set.
league city, local
- Tanker spill cleanup to continue overnight 36 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps 30 min ago
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Gay pride parade's condom policy draws criticism
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6 53 min ago
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue