Another delay in massive League City oak tree relocation
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- There's yet another chapter in the tree moving saga out of League city. The relocation of Compton Oak has been delayed once again.
The 400-ton tree was scheduled to be moved Monday, but after tests this weekend, contractors determined they needed additional equipment.
City officials decided to move the century-old tree to make way for a road widening project. Crews hope to have the additional equipment by Tuesday evening, but no new move date has been set.
league city, local
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Katy ISD student reportedly abducted from campus 7 min ago
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Video: Pope Francis stirs up a little controversy
- Van smashes into home in northwest Harris Co.
- Club's opening night ends in deadly gunfire
- Man wants to remove 'murder' tattoo before murder trial
- Boy, 9, sang gospel until abductor released him
- Child left sleeping on Pasadena ISD school bus
- Driver ends up in San Antonio swimming pool
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos