Another delay in massive League City oak tree relocation
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- There's yet another chapter in the tree moving saga out of League city. The relocation of Compton Oak has been delayed once again.
The 400-ton tree was scheduled to be moved Monday, but after tests this weekend, contractors determined they needed additional equipment.
City officials decided to move the century-old tree to make way for a road widening project. Crews hope to have the additional equipment by Tuesday evening, but no new move date has been set.
league city, local
- HISD decides fate of two schools at risk of closure
- Driver fleeing police kills 2 at SXSW festival
- IRS uses woman's tax refund to pay old debt
- Arrest made in connection to murder of two women
- Jet aborts takeoff after gear failure in Philly
- HCSO: Man shoots teen inside daughter's bedroom
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Church offering drive-through prayers
- Death toll rises to 7 in New York City blast
- Missouri City man charged in wife's death
- Groups protest chemicals used in Apple's iPhone
- Recognize either of these guys?
- Texans re-sign tight end Garrett Graham
- Rice hoops coach Ben Braun resigns