County attorney sues to close 4 businesses
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- County Attorney Vince Ryan filed lawsuits today against four establishments located in one shopping center in northwest Harris County alleging that they are public nuisances and fronts for organized criminal activity.
The lawsuits claim that Crystal Relaxation, Empire Spa, and Royal Spa located at 921 West FM 1960 are unlicensed massage establishments that engage in prostitution and human trafficking. In a lawsuit filed against Nite Moves, also at 921 West FM 1960, the County Attorney claims that the after-hours club allows gang activity, drug sales, and other illegal acts to occur on the premises.
The County Attorney said there have been hundreds of calls for service made to law enforcement since 2009 and 57 police investigations at the shopping center. The lawsuits request that the courts order the closure of the businesses for at least one year and permanently enjoin illegal activity.
Nine women were arrested as Harris County Sheriff's deputies raided the three places on 1960 near Red Oak in early May. The women, all of Asian descent, also live on site. Undercover officers say they found showers and beds in dingy back rooms.
Along with the nine arrests, officers also cited two women for not having their massage therapist licenses.
- Traffic headache remains near La Porte
- Plans for Astrodome's fate to be discussed
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7M older model Jeeps
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6
- Authorities raid alleged stash house in SE Houston
- 8 hurt, some seriously, when car jumps curb in NYC 27 min ago
- Social services worker stole from clients in SE Texas 5 min ago
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Mentally disabled mother, child held captive in Ohio 32 min ago
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- otrc: Katy Perry opens up about divorce 30 min ago
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue