Webster council position decided by roll of the dice
WEBSTER, TX (KTRK) -- A dice roll yesterday helped determine Webster's newest council member.
Diana Newland and Edward Lapeyre tied in their runoff election last week with 111 votes each. According to the Texas election code, a coin flip or dice roll was the only way to break the runoff tie.
The two candidates faced off on Tuesday once again. Lapeyre lost on the third roll of the dice.
"Then the third one, Diana, my opponent, rolled a 5," he said. "I rolled 4. So she became the position No. 1 council person with her successful high roll."
The Webster City Council will hold a meeting to make the election results official.
- HPD: Dead man found at grow house
- Driver charged with murder after deadly police chase
- Sketch of rapist suspect released
- Police: W. Houston apartment fire was no accident
- Man tells deputies he shot his wife
- Liberty Co. jailer accused of smuggling drugs to inmates
- Whataburger ketchup hits grocery shelves 59 min ago
- Alleged drug money seized in Liberty County
- Houston city pools open this weekend
- Deputy killed in wreck to be laid to rest Saturday
- JJ Watt 'MegaWatt' shoes will soon hit store shelves
- otrc: Brad Pitt screens 'World War Z'
- abcnews: Bars accused of serving rubbing alcohol
- raw video: Pilot captures video of volcano eruption