Hempstead man charged with 10 counts of child pornography
HEMPSTEAD, TX (KTRK) -- A local man is facing charges after he allegedly admitted downloading kiddie porn online.
Waller Sheriff's deputies arrested William A. Wameling in Hempstead. Wameling, 26, is charged with 10 counts of possession of child pornography.
Authorities say the arrest was the conclusion of a search warrant at a home on Market Street. Officers from the Waller County Sheriff's Office assigned to the Internet Crimes Against Children Task Force executed the search warrant in the early morning hours on Thursday. The home was occupied by three females and Wameling. Computers and other imaging devices were seized in the raid.
Wameling, in an interview with Waller County Sheriff's investigators, reportedly admitted to downloading child pornographic images via the Internet.
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Suspects posing as officers break into home 30 min ago
- HISD schools may ditch Indian-themed mascots
- HPD: Baybrook Mall employee abducted, raped
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- 5 Things to Know for Today 42 min ago
- Cop throws K-9 through suspect's window after chase 56 min ago
- UFC heavyweight fighter dies at age 30
- Man accused of pranking notable coaches about jobs arrested
- Doctor accused of poisoning fellow physician due in court
- Holiday mail: You're running out of time!
- Would you 'Like' a Facebook 'Sympathize' button?
- Backyard sinkhole nightmare finally ends
- Man shot while behind the wheel in SE Houston