Friendswood softball coach facing sexual assault charge
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- The coach of a Friendswood youth softball team is facing charges for allegedly having sexual contact with a 13-year-old girl.
Ryan Jon Loofboro, 34, is charged with aggravated sexual assault and indecency with a child. He was arrested Thursday afternoon in Dickinson.
According to Friendswood police, the charges stem from a report taken in early May that Loofboro had sexual contact with the girl during the 2012 softball season. A six-week investigation followed, and the Galveston County DA's office accepted charges.
After his arrest, Loofboro was taken to the Friendswood city jail. His bail was set at $40,000 on each charge.
Police are encouraging parents of children in the Friendswood softball league to speak to their kids to determine whether or not there are other victims.
dickinson, friendswood, local
- Texans reportedly release TE Owen Daniels
- Where could missing Malaysian jet be?
- Obama's surprise turn on 'Between Two Ferns' 57 min ago
- Suspected beer thief caught in north Houston
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Money-saving sites for booking vacations
- Stars, Blue Jackets game called off after player collapses
- Bieber surprises with performance during SXSW
- Fast food workers share what they wouldn't eat
- Are you too good looking to get a date?
- Video: Winning Mutton Bustin rider shares her secret
- Search for finger-biting mall attack suspects
- 'Bachelor' finale, plus see new 'Bachelorette'