Friendswood softball coach facing sexual assault charge
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- The coach of a Friendswood youth softball team is facing charges for allegedly having sexual contact with a 13-year-old girl.
Ryan Jon Loofboro, 34, is charged with aggravated sexual assault and indecency with a child. He was arrested Thursday afternoon in Dickinson.
According to Friendswood police, the charges stem from a report taken in early May that Loofboro had sexual contact with the girl during the 2012 softball season. A six-week investigation followed, and the Galveston County DA's office accepted charges.
After his arrest, Loofboro was taken to the Friendswood city jail. His bail was set at $40,000 on each charge.
Police are encouraging parents of children in the Friendswood softball league to speak to their kids to determine whether or not there are other victims.
dickinson, friendswood, local
- Man wakes up locked in jet at Bush IAH 30 min ago
- Mom killed in SW Houston; husband wanted
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Icy storm sends Houston workers to help North Texas 40 min ago
- Rice defeats Marshall in C-USA championship
- 4.5 magnitude earthquake rattles central Oklahoma
- Member of 2005 Astros World Series team returns
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Ice stalls sections of I-35 in North Texas
- US tourist and war vet, 85, free from NKorea
- Reindeer escapes from Santa at Colorado mall
- Photos: North Texas covered in ice and snow