Magnolia boy brutally attacked leaves rehabilitation center
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- We have an update from Magnolia where a little boy who was brutally attacked allegedly by his own mother, has been released from a rehabilitation center.
Child Protective Services say five-year old Michael Spurlock is making strides in his recovery. He has been placed with his sister until a custody hearing in August.
Back in March, Magnolia police officers found Spurlock severely beaten and stabbed at his mother's home. Forty-five-year-old Daphne Spurlock faces capital murder charges.
This story was brought to you through our partnership with Houston Community Newspapers. You can read more about it in The Magnolia Potpourri.
- Mother killed in police chase remembered 12 min ago
- Mother of drowned girl uses her story to save lives 12 min ago
- Detectives: Road rage leads to fatal shooting 11 min ago
- Search wraps up for missing swimmer at San Luis Pass 11 min ago
- Girl critical after nearly drowning in Cleveland pond 26 min ago
- San Antonio flooding kills 2; 200-plus rescued
- UH police investigating on-campus robbery 8 min ago
- Protesters across globe rally against Monsanto
- HCSO sergeant killed in crash laid to rest
- Warmer weather on its way to Houston area
- Memorial Day weekend also no refusal weekend
- otrc: Mariah has wardrobe malfunction on GMA
- abcnews: Zookeeper dies from tiger attack
- raw video: Chinese dog skateboards, rides toy cars
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos