Trader Joe's opens today in The Woodlands
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- Trader Joe's opened its first location in the Houston area today.
The grocery chain opened a new location on Kuykendahl Road. The chain is also planning to move into San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth and Austin.
The chain is known for its cheap Charles Shaw wine, gourmet and organic items, as well as prepared foods.
A second Houston location will open in the old Alabama theater this fall, only blocks from Whole Foods and a brand new H-E-B.
the woodlands, local
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death 45 min ago
- Ex-BP engineer convicted on 1 obstruction charge
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos 48 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- New cameras to help cops settle disputes
- Good Samaritan saves Christmas for foster child
- One dead, others injured in Baytown wreck 48 min ago
- Feds to reduce stimulus due to improving job market
- Suit: Risk of fire aboard Carnival's 'Triumph' known
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Man wanted in deadly W. Harris Co. shooting turns self in
- Delivery man hides present in trash...on trash day