Trader Joe's opens today in The Woodlands
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- Trader Joe's opened its first location in the Houston area today.
The grocery chain opened a new location on Kuykendahl Road. The chain is also planning to move into San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth and Austin.
The chain is known for its cheap Charles Shaw wine, gourmet and organic items, as well as prepared foods.
A second Houston location will open in the old Alabama theater this fall, only blocks from Whole Foods and a brand new H-E-B.
the woodlands, local
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive