Trader Joe's opens today in The Woodlands
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- Trader Joe's opened its first location in the Houston area today.
The grocery chain opened a new location on Kuykendahl Road. The chain is also planning to move into San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth and Austin.
The chain is known for its cheap Charles Shaw wine, gourmet and organic items, as well as prepared foods.
A second Houston location will open in the old Alabama theater this fall, only blocks from Whole Foods and a brand new H-E-B.
the woodlands, local
- Shots fired during armored car robbery 10 min ago
- Sketch released in murder of two Houston women
- Murder suspect vomits during graphic testimony
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase
- No outings for Clear Lake drowning mom
- Suspect in violent House of Pies robbery charged 15 min ago
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- Information on price tags decoded
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- McDonald's game plan to win back customers
- Sandy Hook shooter's dad wishes son was never born
- Stacy Keibler marries boyfriend in Mexico
- Shopping for a wireless plan? Check here first