Trader Joe's opens today in The Woodlands
THE WOODLANDS, TX (KTRK) -- Trader Joe's opened its first location in the Houston area today.
The grocery chain opened a new location on Kuykendahl Road. The chain is also planning to move into San Antonio, Dallas, Fort Worth and Austin.
The chain is known for its cheap Charles Shaw wine, gourmet and organic items, as well as prepared foods.
A second Houston location will open in the old Alabama theater this fall, only blocks from Whole Foods and a brand new H-E-B.
the woodlands, local
- Committee: 'Don't tear down the Astrodome'
- Men's restroom visitors find themselves on camera
- Residents on edge over string of suspicious fires
- Teacher finds bag, returns more than $20K
- 'Sopranos' actor James Gandolfini dies in Italy 37 min ago
- Local burger's name catches national chain's attention
- Tropical Storm Barry headed for Veracruz, Mexico
- Thieves steal bundles of metal rods from Magnolia store
- North Forest ISD files new request to stop annexation
- Equipment theft threatens Texas Equusearch's existence
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- otrc: John Mayer debuts new song
- abcnews: 6 ways to save money this month
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos