Man, 20, accused of exchanging inappropriate texts with boy
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Harris County detectives have arrested a 20-year-old man accused of having sexually explicit conversations with an underage boy he met via a dating phone app.
Jacob McCullough is being held at the Harris County Jail on two counts of Online Solicitation of a Minor, according to the sheriff's office.
Detectives say McCullough began talking to a juvenile he found on a phone app for dating and the two soon exchanged phone numbers. Detectives say the would allegedly have sexually charged conversations through text message.
When the boy's mother learned of their conversations, she contacted law enforcement and an investigation was launched. Investigators quickly traced the number to McCullough, and he allegedly provided them with a videotaped confession.
As for now, detectives have no reason to believe McCullough and the boy ever met in person.
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots intruder
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7 million older model Jeeps 8 min ago
- Overturned tanker truck causing traffic nightmare
- Gay pride parade's condom policy draws criticism
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- James helps Heat stave off elimination in Game 6 4 min ago
- Houston man sentenced for operating bogus ambulance companies
- Texas Equusearch hit by criminals
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet
- Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- otrc: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis
- abcnews: NFL player's home searched after killing 44 min ago