Former FBISD teacher to serve jail time
SUGAR LAND, TX (KTRK) -- A former Fort Bend ISD middle school teacher who was convicted of having a sexual relationship with an underage student in 2008 will spend time in the Fort Bend County Jail this summer, according to court documents.
Rebecca Ann Bramlett, 37, was a language arts teacher at Baines Middle School in Missouri City. She received a seven-year deferred sentence and probation after she was convicted of improper relationship between educator and student -- a second-degree felony.
The conditions of Bramlett's probation were modified after she was arrested for driving while intoxicated last month. As a result of her arrest, Bramlett will report to Fort Bend County Jail to serve time over 16 weekends. The sentence began May 11.
According to court documents, she must also complete a drug and alcohol evaluation and have a SCRAM (Secure Continuous Remote Alcohol Monitor) installed in her vehicle.
- Mystery shipwrecks explored off Galveston
- Woman ambushed while taking out trash
- Here's a reason to lock doors while pumping gas
- Teen reunites with family after being found safe 20 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Prostitution sting nets 5 arrests in NW Harris County
- Williams in talks to reprise 'Mrs. Doubtfire' role
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Teen accused of threatening attack on Splendora HS
- Police: Man ate pot candy before shooting his wife
- Chelsea Clinton announces she's pregnant
- Student caught with gun on campus
- Man shimmies through burglar bars at tattoo parlor
- Photos: Know any of Harris Co.'s featured fugitives?
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
45 min ago