Second man in Cleveland child rape case pleads guilty
LIBERTY, TX -- A man accused of taking part in the repeated sexual assault of an 11-year-old girl in Southeast Texas with 19 other young men and boys has pleaded guilty in the case.
Court records show that Marcus Porchia was sentenced earlier this month to 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to aggravated sexual assault of a child. Another man pleaded guilty in the case in December.
Porchia's sentence will run concurrently with a 15-year term for a separate assault charge.
The 27-year-old has agreed to testify against his co-defendants, whose trials are not set.
Authorities say the girl was assaulted on at least five occasions over a three-month period in 2010 in Cleveland, about 45 miles northeast of Houston.
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 34 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case 17 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving HISD school 43 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston