Man found dead after attending rave party
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Houston police are awaiting autopsy results in the case of a Friendswood male who was found dead after attending a rave party.
On June 16, police say the victim, Kevin Schoolmeyer, 21, and a witness were traveling in Schoolmeyer's vehicle on their way home from a rave party at a downtown club where Schoolmeyer had taken an unknown quantity of narcotics. At some point, Schoolmeyer allegedly became enraged and erratic, pulled over to park on the side of the road, and ordered the witness to get out of the vehicle.
The witness walked away, then returned a short time later and found Schoolmeyer unresponsive. HFD paramedics responded to the scene and pronounced Schoolmeyer dead.
The investigation is pending Schoolmeyer's cause of death, to be determined by the Harris County Institute of Forensic Sciences.
Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600.
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into barber shop
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- Grant to help research hurricane-protection options
- Deputies: Boy tied up, beaten for smearing poop in sink
- Community leaders plead for answers in women's deaths
- Do you know this fake cop rapist?
- Protesters call for HISD to fire superintendent
- New movie centers on life of Cesar Chavez
- Conroe police investigating death of 11-month-old
- Out-of-state visitor wins Texas-sized lottery ticket
- These neighbors are gearing up for a fight
- Missing Malaysian Airlines flight changed course