Man injured during attempted robbery
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- Police say a Richmond man was injured during an attempted robbery while getting in his vehicle to leave for work early this morning.
It happened at the Mustang Crossing Apartments at 1800 Mustang Avenue around 5:30am. Police say the victim was approached by an armed man who pushed him and demanded money.
The victim apparently screamed for help and the suspect hit the victim on the face and head with the handgun, according to police. The victim received lacerations on his face and head from the attack.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 5' 6" tall, weighing 140 pounds. He was wearing black pants.
According to invesigators, the suspect ran back into the apartment area of the complex without getting any money from the victim.
The victim was treated at the scene for the injuries he received during the robbery.
- Gas station clerks shoot robbery suspect 1 min ago
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Browns agree to deal with ex-Texan RB Tate
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- One killed in head on collision with dump truck 14 min ago
- Search expands for missing Rice U student
- Siblings rescued 8 hours after getting lost in woods
- Woman steals Dorothy's ruby slippers from hotel
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Champion boxer Juan Diaz doesn't quit
35 min ago