Man injured during attempted robbery
RICHMOND, TX (KTRK) -- Police say a Richmond man was injured during an attempted robbery while getting in his vehicle to leave for work early this morning.
It happened at the Mustang Crossing Apartments at 1800 Mustang Avenue around 5:30am. Police say the victim was approached by an armed man who pushed him and demanded money.
The victim apparently screamed for help and the suspect hit the victim on the face and head with the handgun, according to police. The victim received lacerations on his face and head from the attack.
The suspect is described as a black male, approximately 5' 6" tall, weighing 140 pounds. He was wearing black pants.
According to invesigators, the suspect ran back into the apartment area of the complex without getting any money from the victim.
The victim was treated at the scene for the injuries he received during the robbery.
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo