Teen arrested in woman's murder in Sealy motel room
SEALY, TX (KTRK) -- Police believe they've found the suspect who killed a woman in a Sealy motel last week.
The body of Lisa Camille Land was discovered Friday afternoon at the Best Budget Inn on N. Circle Drive. Police say she appeared to have been beaten.
At about 8pm Monday, Sealy police working with the Texas Rangers arrested a 15-year-old boy. They say the teen had recently moved from the East Bernard area and was living at the Best Budget Inn with a family member.
Land's family said the 30-year-old was living at the motel because that's all she could afford while she tried to make ends meet working at a barbecue restaurant.
The teen, who is not being identified, is being held at the Fort Bend County Juvenile Facility.
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston 13 min ago
- Galveston judge indicted on felony charges 27 min ago
- Constable Trevino: Good intentions gone too far? 23 min ago
- Consumer Reports lists best, worst airlines
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Cocaine, cash found in abandoned chase suspect's car 20 min ago
- Minute Maid Park vendor fired, took snow cones into bathroom 1 min ago
- Deputy's family speaks out about his death
- Youngest Oklahoma tornado victims remembered by kin 33 min ago
- 'Nashville' show putting spotlight on Music City
- Japanese climber, 80, becomes oldest atop Everest 14 min ago
- Will Dome still be standing come Super Bowl time?
- otrc: No more Oscars for Seth MacFarlane
- abcnews: 5 modern day health woes, solved