Toddler dies after TV, dresser fall on top of her
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A little girl was killed after a TV and dresser fell on top of her at a home in northwest Harris County Tuesday night.
The incident happened around 7pm on a home in the 1800 block of Bridoon Street.
A one-year-old was playing inside her home playing when a TV and a dresser toppled on top of her.
The toddler's mother was able to lift the TV and dresser off her daughter, but the impact was so loud that even neighboring kids playing outside heard it.
"We heard a big bang. It sounded like a gunshot so we heard a lady yelling, like crying for help," neighbor Craig Torres said. "So we go in front of her house. We don't really want to go on the property because we don't know what's going on."
Relatives say the 17-month-old has a twin. She was taken via LifeFlight to Memorial Hermann with head injuries, but died Wednesday.
Right now, detectives are investigating this as a horrible accident.
local, erik barajas
- weather: Rain showers popping up across SE Texas
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Police: Suspected drunk driver slams into ambulance
- Boy, 15, bitten by shark at Surfside Beach
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots burglar
- Truck overturns near La Porte; people asked to avoid area
- Boy, 13, charged in 'wrestling' death of girl, 5
- 2nd arson suspect arrested after clothing store fire 42 min ago
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home 43 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7 million older model Jeeps
- Robbers wearing HazMat suits hit jewelry store
- otrc: Bieber investigated in Hollywood hit-and-run
- abcnews: Brain-eating amoeba warning in Florida