Gunman flees fatal shooting at volleyball court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators are looking for a gunman after a gathering at a volleyball court turned deadly overnight.
Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies were called to the Mi Familia Food Store in the 12500 block of JFK Boulevard around 9pm Friday.
They found 36-year-old Cesareo Herrera shot to death at a volleyball court on the north side of the store.
According to deputies, there was a group of up to 40 people outside when a fight broke out between Herrera and another man. Officials said the suspect took out a handgun and shot Herrera multiple times before fleeing the scene on foot.
Most of the people who witnessed the shooting left before deputies arrived.
If you have any information about this crime, call HCSO at 713-967-5810 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- Houston man was supposed to be on missing plane
- Valet driver crashes, totals man's SUV
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Jimmy Kimmel, crew in Austin for SXSW
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- Vicious pet cat traps Oregon couple, who call 911
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat