Gunman flees fatal shooting at volleyball court
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators are looking for a gunman after a gathering at a volleyball court turned deadly overnight.
Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies were called to the Mi Familia Food Store in the 12500 block of JFK Boulevard around 9pm Friday.
They found 36-year-old Cesareo Herrera shot to death at a volleyball court on the north side of the store.
According to deputies, there was a group of up to 40 people outside when a fight broke out between Herrera and another man. Officials said the suspect took out a handgun and shot Herrera multiple times before fleeing the scene on foot.
Most of the people who witnessed the shooting left before deputies arrived.
If you have any information about this crime, call HCSO at 713-967-5810 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- Sugar Land man charged after Walmart lockdown
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Liberty Co. judge, wife injured in head-on wreck
- 4 killed, 3 injured in wreck involving taxi in Pasadena
- Dogs dies in northeast Houston house fire
- Landslide devouring Wyoming town
- TSU band heading to Canton with Michael Strahan
- More bodies recovered from sunken ferry
- Looks like perfect Easter Egg hunting weather
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Special Olympian gets assist from Rice students
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Authorities searching for sex assault fugitive