Police: Man drowned at Galveston's East Beach
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A man died Saturday after he was found face-down in about three feet of water on Galveston's East Beach.
Galveston Beach Patrol officials said the man appears to be in his early 40s, but they have not identified him yet.
According to investigators, a woman who was swimming nearby found the victim around 4pm. She and her husband dragged him out of the water and a bystander, who was a registered nurse, started CPR.
The man was rushed to an area hospital where he was pronounced dead.
Officials said the man's friends told them he drank several beers. Investigators are calling the death a drowning.
- Girl finds mother shot to death in SW Houston
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Cold, damp weather to continue
- Dog rescued from fire in Conroe
- Apartments under construction burn in 2-alarm blaze
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing anniversary
- Ice to linger over much of Texas
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Video: Dog shoplifts and buries treats