Neighbors attack suspected robbers with baseball bats in Pasadena
PASADENA (KTRK) -- The tables were turned on four armed gunmen overnight who tried to force their way into a mobile home.
It all started around 1:30am on Perla near Lafferty in Pasadena. Detectives with the Pasadena Police Department say when neighbors heard what was happening nearby, they decided to take matters into their own hands.
Police say a woman and her boyfriend, both in their 20s, were at home at their mobile home with the woman's mother who is in her 40s. Investigators say four men armed with guns forced their way inside with the intention of taking drugs, specifically Hydrocodone, from the mobile home.
That's when police say neighbors grabbed baseball bats and decided to fight back, beating all three suspects, one of them severely.
Police arrived and quickly pulled over the suspects' vehicle and found three of the four, including the most injured person. He was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital by Life Flight in critical condition. A second man was taken to Bayshore Medical Center.
Another passenger was arrested as was a fourth man who was left behind at the scene by the other suspects.
Police are gathering information about all four men this morning.
So far, this is being called an aggravated robbery. Cash, pills and guns were all found in the suspects' vehicle. The investigation is ongoing.
pasadena, local, katie mccall
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- Houston couple dead in apparent murder-suicide 39 min ago
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Man shot in Bellaire-area parking lot 54 min ago
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush 51 min ago
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?