Neighbors attack suspected robbers with baseball bats in Pasadena
PASADENA (KTRK) -- The tables were turned on four armed gunmen overnight who tried to force their way into a mobile home.
It all started around 1:30am on Perla near Lafferty in Pasadena. Detectives with the Pasadena Police Department say when neighbors heard what was happening nearby, they decided to take matters into their own hands.
Police say a woman and her boyfriend, both in their 20s, were at home at their mobile home with the woman's mother who is in her 40s. Investigators say four men armed with guns forced their way inside with the intention of taking drugs, specifically Hydrocodone, from the mobile home.
That's when police say neighbors grabbed baseball bats and decided to fight back, beating all three suspects, one of them severely.
Police arrived and quickly pulled over the suspects' vehicle and found three of the four, including the most injured person. He was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital by Life Flight in critical condition. A second man was taken to Bayshore Medical Center.
Another passenger was arrested as was a fourth man who was left behind at the scene by the other suspects.
Police are gathering information about all four men this morning.
So far, this is being called an aggravated robbery. Cash, pills and guns were all found in the suspects' vehicle. The investigation is ongoing.
pasadena, local, katie mccall
- Violent House of Pies robbery linked to murder
- Shots fired during armored car robbery
- Neighbors upset over gun range near homes
- Four sent to hospital after gas leak at school
- Houston car thieves' wish list
- Truck slams into fast food restaurant
- Suspect arrested wearing Cookie Monster onesie
- 'Ban Bossy' campaign to empower girls to lead
- Mom accused of beating son with mop, bat 35 min ago
- More Houstonians using METRO system
- Wife charged in hubby's New Year's Eve murder
- Woman accused of preying on elderly man
- Ex-teacher accused of sex with student
- Police: Miley fan sneaked into Omaha dressing room