Couple dead in apparent murder-suicide in NW Harris County
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A couple is dead in what police believe may be a murder suicide in northwest Harris County.
The shooting happened early this morning in the couple's northwest side home on River Pines near Heaven Creek. Deputies tell us the woman called 911 to report being shot. Once deputies arrived, they found her on the living room floor and the man in a bedroom.
Both later died at the hospital. Investigators say they did recover a handgun. They're talking with the couple's family to determine what may have led to the shootings.
The victims have not been identified.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning 14 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire 51 min ago
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses 45 min ago
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail 21 min ago
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records 23 min ago
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Philippine mayor among 4 killed at Manila airport
- Seatbelt couldn't save teen's life in crash
- Boy in need embraces spirit of holiday giving
19 min ago