Chicago mom accused of leaving kids alone at Bush Intercontinental Airport
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A mother is now facing charges she abandoned her two young children during a long layover at Bush Intercontinental Airport.
Police say on June 23 Taiwo A. Jenkins was with her 10-month-old and 2-year-old children flying from Chicago to Nigeria. They had a layover in Houston. Police say she left the two kids alone for more than an hour while she went to a baggage claim.
Court records show an airport employee saw the kids were alone, with the baby still in a stroller, and called for help. Jenkins was arrested.
Jenkins, 37, is charged with abandoning a child. Bond was set at $5,000.
bush intercontinental airport, local
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus 27 min ago
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- South Africans mourn, celebrate Mandela
- Methodist Hospital says 1,300 patients' information stolen 3 min ago
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders 4 min ago
- Instead of drive-thru breakfast, couple gets bag of cash
- Worker dies in trench collapse in NW Harris County
- Photos: Share Your Holidays Food Drive
- Business owner turns to social media to find shoplifter
- They're serious about spitting in Minnesota!