Boy, 9, honored for calling 911 during mom's heart attack
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A 9-year-old boy who remained calm under pressure was honored Monday for keeping his cool during an emergency.
Trey Fontenot made the 911 call back in December. You could hear his mother telling dispatchers her chest was hurting. Trey helped answer important questions to get his mother some help, opened the garage for emergency crews, and even went to find some aspirin.
"I picked up the phone because my momma was sick. She was having a heart attack. Her friend came, but she was freaking out. I wasn't," Trey said.
He said he learned how to dial 911 in day care.
Trey was honored as a 911 Hero by Sheriff Adrian Garcia and the Harris County Emergency Corps, and given a medal for saving his mom's life during the heart attack.
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County 19 min ago
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon 4 min ago
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home 46 min ago
- Mystery of the missing mink 59 min ago
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park 34 min ago
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation 22 min ago
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town
- Keenum out; Schaub to start against Broncos
- Video: Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor... 18 min ago
- 2 winning Mega Millions tickets sold
- Surprise wedding shower for cancer survivor...
18 min ago
- Take a trip to Santa's Town
13 min ago