Boy, 9, honored for calling 911 during mom's heart attack
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A 9-year-old boy who remained calm under pressure was honored Monday for keeping his cool during an emergency.
Trey Fontenot made the 911 call back in December. You could hear his mother telling dispatchers her chest was hurting. Trey helped answer important questions to get his mother some help, opened the garage for emergency crews, and even went to find some aspirin.
"I picked up the phone because my momma was sick. She was having a heart attack. Her friend came, but she was freaking out. I wasn't," Trey said.
He said he learned how to dial 911 in day care.
Trey was honored as a 911 Hero by Sheriff Adrian Garcia and the Harris County Emergency Corps, and given a medal for saving his mom's life during the heart attack.
- One dead after police chase comes to end 25 min ago
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks 7 min ago
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty County 59 min ago
- Houston one of fastest growing cities in US 49 min ago
- 7 charged over suspected chop shop
- Drug agents: 'Unfit for human consumption'
- Women behind aggravated robbery caught on video
- Sketch released of suspect who tied up victim
- METRORail downtown closed for Memorial Day weekend
- otrc: New 'Man of Steel' trailer
- abcnews: SI model to attend prom with teen
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
- Man fatally shot while driving in SW Houston
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
9 min ago
- Yummy ice cream doesn't have to be pricey
42 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos