Woman, granddaughter held up by female robber at IHOP in north Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman describes how she tried to protect her granddaughter when they were robbed today in north Houston.
This happened at around noon at an IHOP restaurant along Crosstimbers and the North Freeway. The woman told Eyewitness News that she had put her 5-year-old granddaughter in her car when a woman walked up to them. The other woman said she had a gun, demanded the grandmother's money and purse, and threatened to kill her.
"I was scared because I'm thinking maybe take the car when the baby's in the car. And I was scared I give you all she wants and she stays there then I'm gone," said the victim.
The robber left without hurting the grandmother or her granddaughter.
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Tornadoes strike Kansas, Oklahoma
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Police investigating 2 deaths in west Houston
- Botox now big with 20-somethings
- What kinds of luxury cars can you buy in Houston?
- Local Marine killed in duty honored for bravery
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
- David Tillman's Houston weather forecast
50 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos