Woman, granddaughter held up by female robber at IHOP in north Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman describes how she tried to protect her granddaughter when they were robbed today in north Houston.
This happened at around noon at an IHOP restaurant along Crosstimbers and the North Freeway. The woman told Eyewitness News that she had put her 5-year-old granddaughter in her car when a woman walked up to them. The other woman said she had a gun, demanded the grandmother's money and purse, and threatened to kill her.
"I was scared because I'm thinking maybe take the car when the baby's in the car. And I was scared I give you all she wants and she stays there then I'm gone," said the victim.
The robber left without hurting the grandmother or her granddaughter.
- weather: Rain falling across our area
- Woman kidnapped, sexually assaulted in SE Houston
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- Vigil held for teen shot in girl's bedroom
- Brawl breaks out at funeral home on Houston's south side
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Motorcyclist dies in crash with wrecker
- Honda recalling 886,815 Odyssey minivans 59 min ago
- Officers' body cameras raise privacy concerns
- Woman accused of punching 4-year-old, killing her
- Police investigating north Houston nightclub stabbing
- Raiders sign Texans' Antonio Smith
- Motorcyclist killed in head-on wreck in northwest Houston
- Search continues for clues in women's murders