Woman, granddaughter held up by female robber at IHOP in north Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman describes how she tried to protect her granddaughter when they were robbed today in north Houston.
This happened at around noon at an IHOP restaurant along Crosstimbers and the North Freeway. The woman told Eyewitness News that she had put her 5-year-old granddaughter in her car when a woman walked up to them. The other woman said she had a gun, demanded the grandmother's money and purse, and threatened to kill her.
"I was scared because I'm thinking maybe take the car when the baby's in the car. And I was scared I give you all she wants and she stays there then I'm gone," said the victim.
The robber left without hurting the grandmother or her granddaughter.
- Heavily tattooed man accused of stabbing boy
- Mom reunited with child after car theft
- Big facelift proposed for Bush Airport terminal
- Stolen park statue returned to Texas City
- School: Fourth-graders caught selling pot on campus
- Police: Intoxicated mom pushed baby in stroller 19 min ago
- Katy ISD student reportedly abducted from campus
- Texans land 2 primetime games
- Video: Cabbies compete for ride business
- Video: Pope Francis stirs up a little controversy
- A-list actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 15 min ago
- Man wants to remove 'murder' tattoo before murder trial
- Club's opening night ends in deadly gunfire
- Boy, 9, sang gospel until abductor released him