Woman killed, man injured during robbery attempt in NE Houston
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Police say a woman has been killed and a man wounded during a robbery at a northeast Houston apartment complex.
It happened off Curry near East Crosstimbers around 12:30am Wednesday. Detectives said the man and woman involved in this deadly shooting were ambushed in their car in the parking lot of the Parking Crossing East apartment complex.
Police say the suspects, described only as two black males wearing bandanas and dark clothing, demanded money from the victims before shooting them multiple times.
"My niece called me and told me my daughter had been shot and she was dead," said the victim's father, Lawrenze Reagins.
Reagins says his daughter had just got off work and was at her boyfriend's house when the couple was targeted.
"I could never get back there to see her or nothing like that, but I could see all the casings, the shell casings on the ground," he said.
His daughter, identified as 22-year-old Titisha Williams, died at the scene. Her boyfriend, Damon McClain, 31, was rushed to Ben Taub Hospital and is listed in critical but stable condition.
McClain's mother says she heard at least eight gunshots fired off and saw two men take off in an unknown direction.
"They were hooded, they were in black," said Damon's mother, Delores McClain. "I don't know jeans or pants and they were masked."
McClain tell us, Titisha worked housekeeping at St. Lukes Hospital and described her as a nice person.
The families of both victims say they believe robbery was the motive behind the shootings.
"She's my baby, she's a beautiful kid, she works every day, and you know, she got caught up with the wrong crowd," said Reagins.
"Tonight, they sent me prayers, and I sent them prayers, you know, as time goes on we'll heal," said McClain.
Police say the two suspects involved are on the run and detectives say they're following up on leads from eyewitness statements.
Anyone with information in this case is urged to contact the HPD Homicide Division at 713-308-3600 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- Employees shot outside Galleria area restaurant 14 min ago
- Is Pearland mom the most 'unstoppable?' 2 min ago
- Kids hospitalized after chemical leak at pool
- One taken to hospital after SUV drives into salon
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Girl gets finger stuck in recalled Easy Bake Oven
- Malaysia not sure which way lost jet was headed 17 min ago
- Flight diverted to Houston after baby stops breathing 27 min ago
- Federal government could get involved in school fight 17 min ago
- Prom dress shop rallies community to help teen 6 min ago
- Self-penned obit takes internet by storm
- Doc reaches deal in bizarre break-in case
- 'I'm dying' - Crocodile Hunter's final words 25 min ago
- CVS could face millions in fines for missing painkillers 12 min ago