Resident shoots two burglarly suspects, killing one
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One suspect is dead and another is in the hospitalized after a man opened fire on them as they tried to break into his apartment near downtown Houston.
The shooting was reported around 6:14pm at an apartment complex on Tuam near St. Emanuel.
Police say two suspects broke a window to enter an apartment, but as one of the suspects was halfway into the home, the resident opened fire. Both suspects were shot but fled the scene.
However, one of the suspects collapsed about 40 yards away and died. The other suspect took off in a car but police caught up to him. When they came to arrest him, they found he'd been shot at least once.
That suspect was transported to a hospital.
Detectives are still investigating.
- Liberty Institute: Girl told not to read Bible in class
- Man shot four times in north Harris County
- Nurse recalls trying to save teen killed in wreck
- Joy ride turns tragic for Conroe teens
- UH student robbed of phone on campus
- Harris County IDs suspects in meat market break-ins
- FedEx sued over deadly California bus crash
- IRS awards bonuses to 1,100 who owe back taxes 29 min ago
- Massive shark reeled in from Gulf
- Toddler flown to hospital after dog bit him in the face 23 min ago
- Volunteer fire chief dies while battling Brazoria Co. fire
- 'Piles and piles' of bodies in S. Sudan slaughter
- FBI: Teacher admitted drugging kids, then molesting them
- Were cops too violent during arrest?