Resident shoots two burglarly suspects, killing one
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One suspect is dead and another is in the hospitalized after a man opened fire on them as they tried to break into his apartment near downtown Houston.
The shooting was reported around 6:14pm at an apartment complex on Tuam near St. Emanuel.
Police say two suspects broke a window to enter an apartment, but as one of the suspects was halfway into the home, the resident opened fire. Both suspects were shot but fled the scene.
However, one of the suspects collapsed about 40 yards away and died. The other suspect took off in a car but police caught up to him. When they came to arrest him, they found he'd been shot at least once.
That suspect was transported to a hospital.
Detectives are still investigating.
- Severe weather clears, leaves damage behind
- Houston mayor weighs in on 'Duck Dynasty' feud
- NASA astronauts complete first spacewalk
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Hospital: Teen shot at Colorado school dies
- Man shot in Bellaire-area parking lot 32 min ago
- New Houston light rail line opens for business
- 1 dead, 1 injured in drive-by double shooting
- Man barricades himself in house after allegedly killing wife
- Ice and snow frustrate US holiday travel rush 29 min ago
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
45 min ago