Resident shoots two burglarly suspects, killing one
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- One suspect is dead and another is in the hospitalized after a man opened fire on them as they tried to break into his apartment near downtown Houston.
The shooting was reported around 6:14pm at an apartment complex on Tuam near St. Emanuel.
Police say two suspects broke a window to enter an apartment, but as one of the suspects was halfway into the home, the resident opened fire. Both suspects were shot but fled the scene.
However, one of the suspects collapsed about 40 yards away and died. The other suspect took off in a car but police caught up to him. When they came to arrest him, they found he'd been shot at least once.
That suspect was transported to a hospital.
Detectives are still investigating.
- Blood drive held for officer injured in crash
- New info in case of women found dead by dumpster
- 20 on missing plane worked for Austin company
- Body found after shots ring out near Greens Bayou
- Students learn science through unique course
- Collision sends HPD officer, driver to hospital
- Fire marshal: Teen burned mom's clothes over marijuana
- Person fatally falls from 6th floor of building at Texas A&M
- Thousands of bees attack woman in California
- North Houston house fire leaves one dead
- Yates comes up short in 3A title game
- Masked robbers hold up bank in west Harris County
- raw video: Sarah Palin remixes 'Green Eggs and Ham'
- Three bodies found in rubble of burned down home