Officer involved in crash during chase
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston police officer is lucky he wasn't more seriously hurt when his patrol car crashed in the middle of chase.
The patrol car collided with an SUV at the intersection of South Kirkwood and Bellaire around 11:30pm Thursday. The officer was in hot pursuit of a pair of carjackers when the crash happened. A third vehicle also ended up involved in the wreck.
The officer was taken to Memorial Hermann Hospital with minor injuries. One passenger in the Toyota Highlander was taken to Southwest Memorial Hospital to have a cut on his face checked out.
Officers scrambled to clean up that mess, while other officers caught one of the carjackers after they bailed out of their car. The carjackers were chased after an officer spotted them robbing a couple and stealing their car at a Valero gas station on Westheimer at Crescent Park.
- Case of swine flu confirmed in Montgomery County
- City slammed for deal with topless clubs
- Houston police gain powerful new weapon
- Man says found treasure should be his
- Family scrambles to safety from burning home
- Police: Man fatally shoots wife in southeast Houston 1 min ago
- Blood test could offer early answer for kids with austim
- Mystery of the missing mink
- Bicyclist hit by minivan near park
- Parents sue city of Houston over daughter's death
- Family of Houston girl hopes for life-saving donation
- Congress passes bill that will avoid future govt. shutdowns
- Sketch released of suspect in brazen robbery
- METRO offering new way to get around town
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
3 min ago