Victim critical, gunman at large after night club shooting
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Investigators were looking for leads Sunday in the case of a shooting outside a north Harris County night club.
The shooting happened just after 5am at Club Tranz in the 300 block of Richey near the North Freeway.
Harris County Sheriff's Office deputies said several men got into a fight inside the bar.
As people were clearing the building, a man drove up to the club and fired a gun at 25-year-old Eric Johnson's vehicle. Johnson was struck on the head, officials said.
The shooter fled the scene.
Witnesses tell us Johnson tried to drive away, but his car hit a curb and stalled.
He was taken to Ben Taub General Hospital where he remained in critical condition Sunday night.
The investigation is ongoing. Deputies are looking for the gunman.
Anyone with information can call HCSO at 713-967-5810 or Crime Stoppers at 713-222-TIPS.
- Body pulled from rubble of burned down home
- Shots fired during SW Houston restaurant robbery
- Police impersonator sexually assaults woman
- Ex-girlfriend testifies Olympican cheated on her
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Officer fatally shoots burglary suspect
- Photos: Home used in 'The Kardashians' for sale
- Save during spring break with freebies
- Comic book banned because it mentions Allah 5 min ago
- Blind man survives fall onto subway tracks
- Men sold Oreo trade secret to China 23 min ago
- Graco could recall more child car seats 16 min ago
- Cookie milk shots to debut at SXSW 57 min ago
- Girl bitten 100 times in New Zealand dog attack
- Travis Herzog's weather forecast
58 min ago
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos