Police: Woman charged with DWI after vomiting out window
FRIENDSWOOD, TX (KTRK) -- A Webster woman is facing a drunk driving charge after she was reportedly spotted vomiting out her vehicle window.
Kira Samathan Yarbrough, 30, is charged with Driving While Intoxicated. According to Friendswood police, officers were alerted by another driver that she was vomiting out her car window at FM 2351 near Hope Village Road.
An officer then spotted the vehicle in the 200 block of W. Edgewood Drive, reportedly swerving. Police say Yarbrough was not wearing a seatbelt and kept opening the driver's side door.
When police approached her vehicle, they say they saw vomit running down the side of the car and could smell alcohol. Yarbrough reportedly failed a field sobriety test and refused a blood or breath test.
Yarbrough has a prior conviction for DWI, according to Friendswood police.
- Rockets road to the Finals begins tonight
- Girl, 3, injured in possible road rage shooting
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Pope Francis, huge crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Woman killed in auto-pedestrian accident along Beltway feeder 35 min ago
- Big rig driver involved in deadly 290 wreck wil be charged
- One man dead after carjacking in SW Houston
- Good Samaritans rescue mom, kids after wreck
- Miss America: Reconsider student's punishment
- Celebrate Easter with animals at Houston Zoo
- Local designer's cultural dolls big hit in Houston area
- Several dogs rescued, others die in NE Harris Co. fire
- Local church donates shoes to needy Haitians
- Moisture moves back with with rain chances rising