Woman injured after being struck by alleged drunk driver
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A woman is in serious, but stable condition after police say she was struck by a drunk driver in southwest Houston overnight.
It happened around 2:30am on West Alabama near Mandell. Investigators say the victim was either on the side of the road or trying to cross the street at the time of the crash.
The driver allegedly fled the scene, but returned. He has been charged with driving while intoxicated.
- One dead after police chase comes to end 45 min ago
- Boy Scouts to allow openly gay Scouts in its ranks
- NOAA: 'Above normal' hurricane season for 2013
- Drivers warned about possible police impersonator in Liberty County
- 2 remaining suspects in Alief murders arrested 17 min ago
- Judge declares mistrial in Jodi Arias penalty phase 54 min ago
- New funding to help Houston deal with water demands 38 min ago
- Houston one of fastest growing cities in US
- 7 charged over suspected chop shop
- METRORail downtown closed for Memorial Day weekend
- Photos: Most Wanted FBI Fugitives 10 min ago
- otrc: New 'Man of Steel' trailer
- abcnews: SI model to attend prom with teen
- Video: GRAPHIC: Deputy shot during traffic stop in...
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos