Day care operator accused of sexually assaulting two female toddlers
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A home day care operator has been arrested for allegedly sexually assaulting at least two children under his care.
The Harris County Sheriff's Office says Cesar Chavez is accused of sexually assaulting two female toddlers in the 2200 block of Grey Hawk in northwest Harris County.
According to deputies, both incidents are separate and were reported by the victims' parents to the Harris County Sheriff's Office in February 2012. Investigators believe the assaults happened while both victims, now 4 years old, were at the day care.
Neighbors with whom we spoke were concerned about the allegations.
"I've only been told by my son that he's seen one person who appeared to be a doctor who would drop her daughter off in the mornings, about a four or five-year-old girl," said neighbor Clarence Murphy.
Court documents show one of the alleged incidents happened in October 2011. The victim also said Chavez at one point hid her in a closet and hit her.
The little girl told a counselor that the alleged assault was painful and she claims Chavez -- who she calls "Tio," the Spanish word for uncle -- did the same to other children at the daycare.
"It happened two doors down and it spooks me. Yeah, I'm kind of worried about it," said Murphy.
Chavez, 58, is charged with two counts of aggravated sexual assault of a child under 14 years of age.
Investigators say they believe there may be more victims. Anyone who believes their child or knows of a child who may have been a victim of Chavez is asked to immediately contact the HCSO's Crimes Against Children office at 713-830-3250.
Bond has been set at $60,000 total in this case.
- Suspect in wreck that killed sergeant goes to court
- ATM stolen in smash-and-grab burglary
- Boy, 3, drowns in apartment pool in SW Houston
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Houston Super Bowl committee makes pitch in Boston
- Dreamliner returns to skies today with flight from Houston
- Man injured after driving lesson gone wrong
- Justin Bieber get booed at Billboard Music Awards 12 min ago
- Two die in apparent murder-suicide in west Houston
- One dies, another injured in head-on accident
- HISD security officer goes before judge today
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos