Webster man accused of sexually assaulting teen
WEBSTER, TX (KTRK) -- A Webster man is in the Harris County Jail, accused of getting a 17-year-old woman drunk and then sexually assaulting her. But what makes this case unique is what finally led to his arrest.
On Thursday, Elric Shawn Millner had his picture taken at the Webster jail when he was arrested. He was smiling. On Friday, he was taken before a judge in probable cause court. The smile was gone.
"We request a $50,000 bond based on the facts of the offense," said a prosecutor in court Friday morning.
Millner is 24 years old. He was 22 when documents allege he sexually assaulted a then-17-year-old woman with whom he was involved.
It allegedly happened at the Clear Lake apartment complex where he lived. The woman stated it happened after he gave her a lot of liquor to drink.
"She drank in excess to the point of passing out and having no memory of that night and showed her multiple videos of the suspect and another individual engaging in sexual intercourse with the complainant," said the prosecutor in court.
It went unreported for two years until the woman started dating a man who had been a Marine MP. Prosecutors say he made it his mission to take the case to police, pretending to befriend Millner and making up a story.
"Talked to the old boyfriend about the complainant, pretending he was upset with her," said prosecutor Adam Muldrow.
"And so the defendent did what at that point?" we asked.
"The defendant confirmed the allegations," said Muldrow.
"And he showed him the video?" we asked.
"Yes," he said.
Two weeks after the woman finally went to police, Millner is now in jail. The video he allegedly kept for two years will be evidence.
Millner, 24, was charged Thursday with sexual assault. Bond has been set at $50,000.
webster, local, deborah wrigley
- College student from Baytown fatally shot
- Kubiak era ends in Houston
- Dad's murder trial too much for him to watch
- Shots fired during robbery on UH campus
- Texans fire special teams coach Joe Marciano
- Homeowner questions handling of Christmas package
- Methodist: Personal info of 1,300 transplant patients stolen
- Winter weather wreaks havoc across North Texas
- Officer who fired at van with kids in it fired
- Feds order changes following deadly train derailment
- Police: Galveston pair arrested with 13 pounds of marijuana
- New METRO rail line nearly ready for riders
- NKorea: Detained elderly American veteran deported
- Ohio Amish girl won't be forced to have chemo