Galveston shooting suspect arrested on causeway
GALVESTON, TX (KTRK) -- A 22-year-old Houston man was arrested Saturday for allegedly shooting a man overnight in Galveston.
According to Galveston police, Victor Lara is charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and tampering with evidence. Bond was set at $15,000.
The shooting happened around 8:30pm Friday on the beach near 7th Street.
Witnesses told police three men and a woman approached the victim and words were exchanged. The conversation became heated and the victim was shot multiple times, authorities said.
The group drove away from the scene, but officers were able to get a description of the vehicle and police spotted one matching that description heading off the island.
Police said the vehicle was stopped on the causeway and the occupants were detained pending further investigation. Lara was later charged in the crime. It's unclear whether the others with him will face charges.
Galveston EMS transported the victim to John Sealy Hospital. The extent of his injuries is unknown at this time.
Additional details were not released. This case remains under investigation.
- weather: Rain showers popping up across SE Texas
- Overturned tanker truck causing traffic nightmare 55 min ago
- Residents fire through door, killing woman
- Police: Suspected drunk driver slams into ambulance
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Gay pride parade's new condom policy draws criticism 49 min ago
- Officials: Homeowner fatally shoots burglar
- Minn. mother, son accused of stealing gopher feet 16 min ago
- Diving great Greg Louganis to marry in fall 2 min ago
- Woodlands woman accused of setting fire to boyfriend's home
- Chrysler agrees to recall 2.7 million older model Jeeps
- otrc: Bieber investigated in Hollywood hit-and-run
- abcnews: Brain-eating amoeba warning in Florida
- Video: Two teens saved in dramatic cliff rescue
- Tim Heller's weather forecast
1 min ago
- Students sharpen math and science skills at...
26 min ago
- People's Lawyer Richard Alderman answers...
14 min ago