Acid leak in Dickinson led to brief shelter-in-place
DICKINSON, TX (KTRK) -- An acid leak at a chemical production facility led to a brief shelter-in-place last night.
It happened around 10pm at the Penreco Facility in Dickinson. Police say a resident called them about a plume of smoke at the facility.
A shelter-in-place was issued for the immediate area, but was lifted an hour later when crews determined the chemical was not hazardous.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one 52 min ago
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- More than two dozen hurt in musical stage collapse
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Toronto mayor mocked for daylight savings flub
- Amazing images from midair accident in Florida
- Woman badly burned in Conroe apartment fire
- Ford Motor Co. leader William Clay Ford dies
- Photos: South by Southwest in Austin
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman in freak accident