Acid leak in Dickinson led to brief shelter-in-place
DICKINSON, TX (KTRK) -- An acid leak at a chemical production facility led to a brief shelter-in-place last night.
It happened around 10pm at the Penreco Facility in Dickinson. Police say a resident called them about a plume of smoke at the facility.
A shelter-in-place was issued for the immediate area, but was lifted an hour later when crews determined the chemical was not hazardous.
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290 25 min ago
- Pickup rolls 6 times in northeast Harris County
- Man recovering after freak lawn-mowing accident
- Strong earthquake shakes central, southern Mexico
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case 8 min ago
- Student reports near abduction while leaving HISD school 34 min ago
- Motorcyclist killed in NE Harris County wreck
- South Korean ferry boat captain arrested
- Texas officials say gang membership exceeds 100K
- Three accused of stealing items left on airplanes
- Promoters seek to bring back Galveston beach parties
- Key evidence recovered in double murder of Houston women
- Last week's Houston food truck violations
- Man shot while mowing lawn in N. Houston