Rice University named to list of world's top universities
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- As it celebrates its 100th birthday this year, Rice University has made the list of the world's top universities.
A survey conducted by the Saudi Arabia-based Center for World University Rankings has Rice at 57th on its list of the world's top 100 universities. Rankings are based on quality of faculty, publications in top journals, highly-influential research, citations, patents, academic training of students and professional future of alumni.
The United States has the most schools on list with 57, including Harvard, MIT, Stanford and Caltech.
The other Texas schools on the list are UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas, the University of Texas, Texas A&M University and the University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center here in Houston.
rice university, local
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep 40 min ago
- Boy, 5, drowns in Fort Bend County pool 7 min ago
- Another record could fall before Powerball drawing
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area 25 min ago
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris County 7 min ago
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool 59 min ago
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout 56 min ago
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade 34 min ago
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Robbery suspects lead police on overnight chase
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos