Gator spotted in Brazoria Co. restaurant parking lot
OYSTER CREEK, TX -- It was an exciting Friday night for patrons at a Brazoria County restaurant after they detained an alligator in the parking lot.
The alligator was spotted at a Mexican restaurant in Oyster Creek, police said.
When officers arrived, patrons had already detained the reptile. One officer even turned around and joked with the 20-25 poeple in the parking lot, saying "Someone watches Swamp People."
The incident wasn't related to the storms that have pounded the Houston area this week. Police said the restaurant is simply near the gulf and swampy areas.
The alligator was eventually released back into the wild.
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Boy, 6, drowns in Fort Bend County pool
- Another record could fall before Powerball drawing
- Witnesses rescue woman from kidnapping attempt
- Robbery suspects lead police on overnight chase
- Officer hurt when driver hits cruiser in NW Houston
- Nuisance buildings around Houston coming down today
- Triathletes pushing themselves today in The Woodlands
- Granbury residents prepare to return home
- NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles, says SKorea
- 70 injured as Connecticut commuter trains collide
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
- Video: Trapped ducklings saved by phone app
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos