Restaurant tries for world record taco
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- A Houston area restaurant has built what will hopefully be the world's largest taco.
The amazing, tasty creation contained almost 24 feet of ribs, chicken, fajitas and all the trimmings. The taco weighed in at 1,700 pounds!
The owner of Ranchero King Buffet says it's about more than trying to win a world record.
"This is a good way to give back to the community," said owner Elias Duren. "We like doing that."
He says they plan on going even bigger next year. They hope to build a 30 foot taco, which would be one ton of meat and all the good stuff.
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- DEA officer involved in shooting in Galleria area
- Body of postal worker found in burned out Jeep
- Oxbow wins Preakness Stakes
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- Man armed with knife robs Rosenberg bank
- Suspect dead, victim injured during shootout
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- NASA records powerful explosion on moon
- Star Trek shuttle craft to be displayed in Houston
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: Meet the new Star Trek villain
- abcnews: Passenger jet makes belly landing in Newark
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos