Dickinson girls hospitalized after drinking lighter fluid
DICKINSON (KTRK) -- Two little girls from Dickinson are in the hospital after reportedly drinking lighter fluid.
According to the Galveston County Daily News, their mother says she noticed her 5-year-old girls drinking it while filling up at a gas station. She says the lighter fluid was in an unlabeled water bottle in the car door panel and had been there since July 4.
Both girls were hospitalized. One is in critical condition.
If ingested, lighter fluid can burn away the lining of the esophagus and the stomach and cause severe lung damage.
- Former Port of Houston IT director accused of theft
- NASA hopes to avoid emergency spacewalk on ISS 59 min ago
- Woman's life spared by inches in freak accident
- Cyclists ride to honor woman killed in hit-and-run
- Boy's mouth duct taped for talking in class 56 min ago
- Bride accused of pushing husband off cliff pleads guilty 13 min ago
- What was interpreter REALLY signing 10 min ago
- Shoppers getting excuses instead of packages
- 'Fake' interpreter: 'I was hallucinating' 4 min ago
- Driver charged after turning to cosmetic for revenge 42 min ago
- California man accused of running 'revenge porn' site
- Motorcyclist dies after colliding with car
- 5 Things to Know for Today
- Witnesses pull woman from fiery wreck