Police: Woman offered sexual favors as bribe
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- A woman is facing a felony charge after trying to get out of a misdemeanor arrest.
According to Baytown police, on Wedneday, July 11, officers were called to the Hibachi Grill restaurant in the 3700 block of Garth because employees said two people were creating a scene and appeared to be under the influence. Restaurant workers were able to convince the couple not to drive in their condition.
Police say Robert Day, 28, and Savannah Blake, 20, both displayed signs of intoxication to the point where they were a danger to themselves. Day was allegedly found to be in possession of five grams of marijuana.
Both Day and Blake were arrested, and police say as the officer was transporting them to jail, Blake told the arresting officer she would perform sexual favors for him in exchange for their released. The officer declined, and Blake was charged with attempted bribery. Bail for the felony charge has been set at $5,000.
Day was charged with possession of marijuana.
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 10 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change 15 min ago
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail
- No charges for Harris Co. judge accused of falsifying records
- Video: Health care sign up deadline approaching
- Elf on the Shelf stress hits some parents hard