Police: Woman offered sexual favors as bribe
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- A woman is facing a felony charge after trying to get out of a misdemeanor arrest.
According to Baytown police, on Wedneday, July 11, officers were called to the Hibachi Grill restaurant in the 3700 block of Garth because employees said two people were creating a scene and appeared to be under the influence. Restaurant workers were able to convince the couple not to drive in their condition.
Police say Robert Day, 28, and Savannah Blake, 20, both displayed signs of intoxication to the point where they were a danger to themselves. Day was allegedly found to be in possession of five grams of marijuana.
Both Day and Blake were arrested, and police say as the officer was transporting them to jail, Blake told the arresting officer she would perform sexual favors for him in exchange for their released. The officer declined, and Blake was charged with attempted bribery. Bail for the felony charge has been set at $5,000.
Day was charged with possession of marijuana.
- Missouri City cheers on 'Resurrection' star
- North Texas family holds out hope for loved one
- Big names, fans converge on Austin for SXSW
- One killed in house fire on Houston's south side
- Live: Watch Eyewitness News live now
- Information on price tags decoded 52 min ago
- Teen leads police on high-speed chase in north Houston 32 min ago
- VIP treatment for military families at RodeoHouston
- Naked murder suspect caught on camera punching officer
- Counterfeit health and beauty products arrests in NY 4 min ago
- Peru: Van der Sloot to be extradited to US in 2038
- Why Malaysia Airlines jet might have disappeared
- Rockets rally for OT win over Blazers
- Man arrested for stealing money from donation box