Police: Woman offered sexual favors as bribe
BAYTOWN, TX (KTRK) -- A woman is facing a felony charge after trying to get out of a misdemeanor arrest.
According to Baytown police, on Wedneday, July 11, officers were called to the Hibachi Grill restaurant in the 3700 block of Garth because employees said two people were creating a scene and appeared to be under the influence. Restaurant workers were able to convince the couple not to drive in their condition.
Police say Robert Day, 28, and Savannah Blake, 20, both displayed signs of intoxication to the point where they were a danger to themselves. Day was allegedly found to be in possession of five grams of marijuana.
Both Day and Blake were arrested, and police say as the officer was transporting them to jail, Blake told the arresting officer she would perform sexual favors for him in exchange for their released. The officer declined, and Blake was charged with attempted bribery. Bail for the felony charge has been set at $5,000.
Day was charged with possession of marijuana.
- Boy, 15, bitten by shark at Surfside Beach 36 min ago
- Court says pre-Miranda silence can be used 4 min ago
- Police: Teen dies trying to protect his mom
- Bullet-proof glass saves store clerk during shooting
- Robbers hit jewelry store in The Woodlands 9 min ago
- One dead in multi-vehicle wreck in N. Harris Co.
- Resident fights to save tree in The Heights
- Radio hosts fired for mocking ex-NFL player with ALS
- Webster flower shop murder shocks community
- NASA picks 8 new astronauts, 4 of them women
- Photos: Daytime Emmy Awards red carpet arrivals
- otrc: Kim Kardashian gives birth to baby girl
- abcnews: Burned woman warns of spa dangers
- Video: Good Samaritan stabbed by own sword 19 min ago
- Good Samaritan stabbed by own sword
19 min ago