Police: Man on scooter steals lobster from Walmart
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A Galveston man is behind bars amid allegations he stole more than $150 worth of frozen lobster from a Walmart store in League City.
Michael D. Moore was arrested Monday morning in the 200 block of Delaney Road in La Marque, according to League City police.
The incident happened July 6 at a Walmart in the 1700 block of West FM 646.
Detectives say Moore got on one of Walmart's electric scooters and headed to the frozen goods department, where he picked up nine frozen lobster packages.
But the 49-year-old never bothered to check out, detectives say. Instead, he drove the scooter directly to his Ford Crown Victoria, loaded the seafood into his car and left.
A witness jotted down the car's license plate, which helped lead police to Moore. He was eventually identified through a photo lineup.
Detectives say the lobsters were worth $170.82. They believe Moore intended to eat the lobster himself and not resell them.
Moore now is charged with theft of Property $50 to $500, a Class B misdemeanor. He is being held at the Harris County Jail.
league city, local
- Thieves slash bank customer's tire, nab purse
- Missing 14-year-old girl found safe in South Texas
- Video from N. Houston pawn shop robbery released
- Armed robbers pistol whip McDonald's manager
- Nail flies into man's chest during freak accident
- Most insane job interview ever
- Plaza sale sparks parking problem for nearby church
- Lottery dates for 2015 Houston marathon announced
- Last week's Houston restaurant violations
- Jumbo jet to move through streets of Clear Lake
- Suspect: 'My girl is about to rob the store'
- Marriage fraud conspiracy lands 4 in prison
- Man held up on his way home from bank
- Reward to nab Most Wanted sex offender climbs to $13K
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos