Police: Man on scooter steals lobster from Walmart
LEAGUE CITY, TX (KTRK) -- A Galveston man is behind bars amid allegations he stole more than $150 worth of frozen lobster from a Walmart store in League City.
Michael D. Moore was arrested Monday morning in the 200 block of Delaney Road in La Marque, according to League City police.
The incident happened July 6 at a Walmart in the 1700 block of West FM 646.
Detectives say Moore got on one of Walmart's electric scooters and headed to the frozen goods department, where he picked up nine frozen lobster packages.
But the 49-year-old never bothered to check out, detectives say. Instead, he drove the scooter directly to his Ford Crown Victoria, loaded the seafood into his car and left.
A witness jotted down the car's license plate, which helped lead police to Moore. He was eventually identified through a photo lineup.
Detectives say the lobsters were worth $170.82. They believe Moore intended to eat the lobster himself and not resell them.
Moore now is charged with theft of Property $50 to $500, a Class B misdemeanor. He is being held at the Harris County Jail.
league city, local
- Severe weather possible Saturday morning
- Mom devastated by tragedy pushes for change
- Three Harris County deaths related to H1N1 45 min ago
- Boy, 4, saves family from overnight fire
- Santa sparks impromptu marriage ceremony
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans react to Phil's hiatus
- Police: Teen admits shooting out car windows
- Foul weather threatens to snarl US holiday travel
- Obama: '2014 can be a breakthrough year'
- Turning those holiday gift cards into cash
- Photos: What do you do if you shopped at Target?
- Video: Harris County inmates get early Christmas
- FBISD approves new GPA-exempt courses
- Man tries to grab woman jogging on trail