Man accused of posing as ex-girlfriends in online social networking sites
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- An Humble man is accused of setting up phony social networking accounts, posing as former girlfriends.
Carl Wayne McGraw, Jr., 30, is facing two felony counts of online impersonation. According to court documents, a woman met McGraw on the dating website OKCupid.com in October 2011, and became romantically involved for a couple of months. The woman told police that McGraw had become jealous, posed as another man online and then became angry when the woman accepted a date with the fictitious man.
The woman claims at that point, in February 2012, McGraw cloned her online profile, posting her home and work addresses and describing her as a porn star.
Police traced a phone number associated to the cloned account back to McGraw's mother, with whom he lives.
During the course of the investigation, police also learned McGraw was accused of a similar act of online impersonation with another ex-girlfriend. This victim told police that she had met McGraw through friends and dated him for about five months.
Shortly after the breakup of their relationship, the woman says her email address had become compromised. She told police that McGraw had signed her up with CellPals.com, a prisoner website, and she began receiving unwanted emails from inmates in Texas and Illinois.
The victim also says McGraw set up a fake Facebook account in her name.
No bond has been set for the two charges against McGraw.
- Person of interest located in death of mail carrier
- HCSO: Sergeant killed by suspected drunk driver 59 min ago
- Man shot, killed inside restaurant in NW Harris Co.
- Houston demolishes dozens of nuisance buildings
- House party ends with one dead, 2 others injured
- Winner crowned at Gyro Eating Championship 44 min ago
- Volunteer firefighters save man from burning home 40 min ago
- Man found unconscious in NW Houston pool
- White House insists Obama was not involved in IRS
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Fla
- Photos: Memorial Hermann Ironman triathlon
- otrc: No 'Bridesmaids' sequel for Wiig 32 min ago
- abcnews: 5 security tips for Facebook mobile 34 min ago
- Video: Huge tornado caught on camera in Kansas
abc13.com News Links
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos