Baby forgotten in hot car during baptism party dies
HOUSTON (KTRK) -- Authorities are investigating the death of a baby left in a hot car on Sunday.
According to the Brazoria County Sheriff's Office, a mother attending a celebration for a family member's baptism on Sunday afternoon forgot her two-month-old infant in her car. The child is believed to have been in the vehicle for a little more than an hour.
Family members called 911 and the infant was rushed to Angleton Danbury Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The mother had a total of four children in the home, ranging in age from about 11 years old to the two-month-old baby. Investigators say the mother has no criminal history, and as far as they know, no history with CPS.
An investigation is underway. The district attorney's office will consider if charges will be filed. The mother's name has not been released.
- Walmart in Kemah on lockdown 56 min ago
- 4 killed, 3 injured in Pasadena taxi cab wreck
- Teen denies peeing in Oregon reservoir
- Captain of sunken SKorean ferry, 2 crew arrested
- 17-year-old fatally shot outside Katy-area strip center
- Hope this doesn't make you sick
- Galveston hosting annual Chicken Shack Strut today
- Student pays off $25,000 college tuition with pennies
- Massive reward in brutally beaten dog case
- METRO temporarily suspending part of Red Line
- Behold, the pizza cake
- Ohio couple married 70 years die 15 hours apart 2 min ago
- Child dies in multi-vehicle wreck on 290
- Teacher denies sex crimes in YouTube case